Mar 26, 2008

A Sonnet

Petrarchian sonnet, generally, is a 14 line love poem. It has two 4 and 4 line stanzas(octet) rhyming like this: a-b-a-b a-b-a-b

And two 3 line stanzas, rhyming like c-d-e, c-d-e

the first eight line defines a problem, and the last six lines suggest a solution(don't go too hard on this one).
Enjoy mine....

I was my own master until you came by,
left alone; neither vagaries nor viscissitudes of life.
oh! into the realm of love you let me loose; a driverless sleigh!
vanguard me; mortality marauding with a knife,
enslaved by you; defenseless and deserted; high and dry.
yearning heart, tried and torn apart by strife.
Oh! the mighty mob, don't be one-a causeles cry,
until reason dawns loneliness cries, emotion- rife.

alas! a blind eye towards the times to come,
remember the times, a true self-less selfish stretch,
pointless pride? loyalty tied? let the onus on me.
intolerable; break the silence, utter the threesome,
truth be told ; don't vanish into my almighty's sketch,
artistically put, heed the plea and let me be.

No comments: