Mar 30, 2008

So long friends.....

Well Well, the last post.

Somehow farewells always make me emotional. But, this one's giving me a kind of joy. That's the irony of it. I want to cry, but I have nothing left to cry for.

I admit I could have wrapped up my MS in one and a half year. Two years is an awfully long time for the kind of degree I will be honored with. But, the time was worth wasting, I had some invaluable lessons in life.

If you examine the education we get in classrooms, they teach only what millions of evolution hasn't built up in our brain. They never teach us how to walk or how to talk. They only teach us how to communicate. Current educational structure is downright vocational. Nothing you can't learn with a few days of concentration, given that you can hold on to that for the sake of the subject, discounting the benefits you reap. If only I could unlock what the nature has given me, the classroom would be redundant.

I never knew how difficult and painful it is to be natural.

Money, Marriage and Responsibilities, is that all to my life? ...... I planned a bigger post and longer discussion, but what's the point?

"exhaustive discussions exhaust the reader"

It's better to get it over with.

Where do you want me to start?
The Campus Recreation Center, where I spent more time than at my house?
My lab, which was my foster-home,
or The United Daily Farmers, a place I would never forgert,
A testimony to my late-night reflections and those gorgeous Banana-splits
with a company worthy of my mother...

Taco-bell, rings a bell- Burrito, quesadilla and Taco supreme...
Chipotle, that mexicam grill
Krishna, Bombay-Oven and Apna-India,
Stadium-view cafe,
PapaJohn, Adriatico and Pomodori's
Bishop, Jefferson and Ludlow-too many sweet memories to forget...

Rohan, Srinivas and Deepak, the unmentioned and unspoken friends...
The punchline"lalitya", aeropostale"ananthan",
Srikanth ,Bharati, Sushma and Anoosha
'Rumandic"ramki, "Innocent"sreenidhi,

Fast bowler with a temper to match it- Yash and sweet little Anu,
The best batsman I have seen -Harsha,
"hardworking" Naresh, AID"ravi" , balaji
arpan, ankur and abhishek.

Then there is this "marathon man" Mahesh, Subhasish,
and my second advisor- Koustubh..
Ah! the "killer" Commandur
and
the weekly terror Dr.Banerjee (my advisor). He gave me hell, but taught me to be professional.
My racquetball gurus, Meghamsh and Murali.

This list sure is exhaustive...

Sharky Shreya, KK, "Radio" Rishab, Aniket and Sagilji....

My roomies Kiran and Pritesh.


Then again, here is the core:
Arpita, Balakumar Swaminathan,Balaji the Batman, Nikhil, Pavan, Soumya and Sridevi.

They taught me more than I could learn in the classrooms. They played a part in my story. They sure influenced the course of my life; by giving me advice I never really followed(sorry for that, I am an asshole).

There were laughs, and there were tears. That's exactly what makes it worthwhile. Laughs will always be forgotten, but tears- NEVER.

To not to regret not having said anything, I did miss you all- some the most.

I wish I could explain the bee in my bonnet to everyone mentioned above, I tried with some, but never succeeded. I even alienated some.

I have read many stories about Ironies of life.....
But in C'nnati, I lived one....

You can never have enough words to say Good-bye, yet
Enough is enough.
This is the end of my story. One person ended it, single-handedly.

Paradoxically,
Did I say my story is the truth,
that is has no ending?
Yeah.

Life is not the invincibility at 23.
It is not the regret at 40.
Nor is it the ossified apathy(indifference to put it simply) at 60.

I have no way of proving my point. But, the question is do I have to?

Everyone has a small voice(self) that keeps asking the same question..what have I done with myself? Have I done what I could have? Have I made the most of it?...It's to that voice you have to prove the point.

The journey to satisfy myself, to prove that I have nothing to prove to the population, has just begun.

It is not the esoteric accounts you recount to your friends.
Nor is it the garnished garble furnished to impress strangers.

My story has an elegance, it has an arrogance and it is majestic.

My story is me. and it has just begun.

So long friends......

No comments: